This past week I pulled out my new Window Box Die (#142762) and the matching Window Shopping Stamp set (#142920) from pg. 43 of the 2017 Occasions catalog and made a card and 3 boxes. The card was prompted by one I saw where hexagonal inset die was used make a cutwork piece in the front of the card. For my card I decided to place a piece of Fruit Stand designer series paper behind the cut-out pattern and this is what I got.
I used the new Gold 3/8″ Metallic Ribbon from the 2017 Sale-a-bration Catalog to embellish the front and used Versamark ink and embossed the sentiment with Gold embossing powder. The base cardstock is out of Soft Suede. For the inside I used a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and stamped a border of flowers from the Window Shopping Stamp set in Peekaboo Peach ink. I also lightly sponged the edges with the same color. It looks like this:
Of the three boxes I made, I decided to make the first as a light up box. I used Watermelon Wonder Cardstock, cut out 2 of the box dies, then I ran the die cuts thru the Big Shot again to cut the hexagonal floral out of one of them for the top of the box and die cut the heart inset die cut from each of the square panels. After assembling the box using Stampin’ Up Tear & Tape adhesive to put the box together. I cut pieces of vellum to cover the inside of the top and the sides. I then placed an electronic tea light in the middle of the inside using light tack velcro on the bottom of the tea light. Putting the velcro on keeps the light in place yet allows you to turn the light on and off as desired. Below is a picture of the box with the lights off in the room. For the second box I used the candles for the sides alternating a die cut and a plain panel. For the top panel I cut 2 of the scallop half hexagons from patterned paper. I will be placing a banner with a Happy Birthday sentiment between the patterned paper on the top. (I just realized I forgot to finish this) You will notice a shiny look to the cardstock. This is because when I was removing the inset die the post it note I was using to hold it in place started to rip the top layer of the paper in one spot. So i whipped out my Crystal Effects and using my finger applied it to the entire surface of the die cut – glueing it together and creating a lacquered look. I also sponged some old olive and soft suede inks in a mottled patter to give it a distressed look. My Final Box was the most challenging. I made a Double height hexagonal box from Cucumber Crush Cardstock. I then added Designer Series Paper panels to the sides and top. I used on piece of dsp and alternated which side was showing for the sides. For the top I used another new die from the Occasions catalog. I cut the timeless Tags Thinlits floral Die (#142755) from 5 different cardstocks (very vanilla, whisper white, soft sky, daffodil delight, and cucumber crush) I then cut on of the plain tags from cucumber crush and using it as the base pieced the other elements on top.I used my So Saffron marker to add texture to the center of the flower and a Wild Wasabi marker the color the veins in the leaves. I sponged the edges of the designer paper with cucumber crush. I had fun using these new dies and creating a card and 3 boxes.
‘Til next time…Happy Stamping!