6×6 one sheet wonder! Wow, what a concept! I have been using one sheet wonder templates for years. But they are all designed around a 12×12 or a 8.5″ by 11″ sheet. Then Stacey Lane showed my Stampin Up Group 2 templates she designed for using a 6×6 sheet of Designer Paper. And I was hooked. I just had to try out the template with some of my papers. Starting with the Artistically Asian Stamp set (my set for this week), I started going thru my stash. Next I decided to use the Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper and the 2015-17 In-colors for my ink and cardstock.
Starting with a 6″ by 6″ piece of Designer paper, cut a 4″ by 6″ piece of the dsp. Next from this cut one 4″ x 4″, one 4″ x 3/4″ and one 1-1/4″ x 4″. Then cut the 2″ by 6″ piece into four pieces 1/2″ x 5-1/2″. At this point you will have an extra piece 1/2″ by 2″. See a drawing of the template. Do not cut the diagonal line yet.
Card #1 of the 6×6 one sheet wonder
- 4″by 4″ piece of designer paper
- Cardbase – 4.25″ by 11″ Mint Macaron cardstock
- Whisper White cardstock – 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″, 1″ x 2 1/4″
- Mint Ribbon cut to 5 1/2″
- Take your 4″ by 4″ Designer paper and place it in front of you with the side you want on the bottom facing up. Mark it lightly 3/4″ up from the bottom on the left side. Then mark the right side 1 5/8″ down from the top. Cut a diagonal line between the two marks.
- Take the top piece and flip it over and glue it to the large piece of Whisper White making sure to get the top, left and right margins are the same.
- Now glue the bottom piece to the bottom of the whisper white piece making sure to get the bottom, left and right margins the same.
- Next stamp the sentiment on the small whisper white piece of cardstock with Early Espresso Ink.
- Then stamp your images on the triangular piece of white showing. I masked my designer paper with some post it notes to make it easier to get the images where I wanted them. I used Pear Pizzazz, Wild Wasabi and Calypso Coral inks.
- Next glue the ribbon in place along the bottom diagonal edge.
- Finally to finish the card, I drew a line along the edge of the top diagonal with an Early Espresso Marker and added some Clear Dazzling Details to the centers of the flowers in the DSP.
- Designer paper- 4″ x 3/4″ , 1-1/4″ x 4″
- Cardbase – Whisper White cardstock 4″ by 11″
- 3 small White Perfect accents
- Mint Ribbon cut to 4 1/4″
- Take your 4″ by 11″ Whisper white Cardstock and score it and fold it into a top folding cardbase.
- Next attach the large of your designer paper pieces along the bottom of the front.
- For the next step you must stamp your stamped images. Make sure you leave room for the ribbon and the last piece of designer paper.
- At this point I would stamp my sentiment too.
- Add your ribbon followed by the final piece of Designer paper.
- Finally add the 3 small white Perfect accents as a finishing touch to the left of the ribbon.
- Designer paper- 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ (times 4)
- Whisper White cardstock 5/8″ x 5 1/2″ (times 4), 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Cardbase – Mint Macaron 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
- Watermelon Wonder Cardstock 4″ x 4″
- Old Olive Baker’s Twine
- First score your Mint Macaron Cardstock at 4 1/4″ and fold it into a top folding cardbase.
- Next attach your designer paper pieces tot the four White mats.
- Then glue the matted DSP strips to the front of the card spacing them evenly top to bottom. I glued the top and bottom strips then added the two in the middle.
- Now it is a good time to stamp your images and sentiment on the large Whisper White piece of cardstock..
- Next glue the stamped cardstock to the Watermelon Wonder mat and glue it to the cards front.
- Last you will add a small bow using Bakers Twine with a mini glue dot.