My April 2017 Onstage Shoebox Swap was laborious to design but fun to create. Because my mother loves lighthouses I just had to buy this stamp set. But then I dragged my feet. Because the renditions I saw online were stunning. I was frozen in the fear of not good enough. However, once I put in writing that I was using this stamp set – the race was on. Back in March I showed a teaser of this card. So it’s time to show you the full card and tell you how I did it.
Because a few folks dropped out of the swap after I finished my kits I had extra kits after the event. Since Jennifer, Stacey and Sumaira didn’t sign up for the swap at Shreveport, we had a mini session after we got back to Stacey’s house in Austin. Stacey’s husband took some shots of us having fun in Stacey’s craft room.
Onstage Shoebox Swap :High tide Instructions
Here are the instructions I gave everyone at the swap. See below for a complete supply list:
- Stamp the sand with Sahara Sand ink at the bottom left of the Very Vanilla cardstock
- Stamp the lighthouse with the grill balcony with Tip Top Taupe ink. Use Stamp-a-ma-jig or eyeball as needed.
- Stamp the more solid lighthouse with Watermelon Wonder ink
- Stamp another of the solid light on a posted note and cut out to use as a mask.
- Place the mask over the stamped lighthouse
- Stamp the water across the card at the top of the sand using Pool Party ink. If you stamp with the more solid waterline across the top it will give a better effect.
- Sponge over the stamped water with Mint Macaron ink.
- In the upper left hand corner stamp the moon by inking with Daffodil Delight then using a Crushed Curry Marker put some dots on a crescent shape on the stamp then stamp onto cardstock so the detail is in the upper left of moon.
- Stamp a mask for the moon. And cover moon with mask.
- Cover the water with a simple mask of a plain posted note
- Using a Yellow sponge and a pouncing motion sponge marina mist over the ‘sky’.
- Use Smokey Slate to stamp the birds in the upper right of the card front.
- Using Tip Top Taupe ink stamp the sentiment on the small Very Vanilla Cardstock.
- Place the Daffodil Delight Cardstock behind the Sentiment card and glue down with adhesive of choice.
- Attach the stamped piece to the top folding Cherry Cobbler A2 Card base.
- Add a small round gold Metallic Enamel Shape to the upper window of the light house.
- (Optional: I added a swash of Wink of Stella in a path from the ‘light’ out to the right. This is very subtle and only shows when you get the card in the right light or tilt it. I also added a light coat of clear wink of Stella to the moon.)