Loving this cute little Swoop Top Box using all In Colors. This modification on a classic box style is just right to fit a smallish gift. At 2.5″ on all sides the container portion of the box is a perfect size.
Swoop top box Design feature
As you can see, the top of the box is decorative rather than functional. The front and back of the box top form an awning like swoop. Although the top is decorative rather than functional, the box closes securely. Even when viewed from the side the view of the box shows a unique architectural look.
- Cut your cardstock to 7.5 x 10.5″
- Score on the LONG side at 2.5, 5, 7.5, 10″
- Score on the SHORT side at 2.5, 5″
- Snip the top and bottom of the 1/2″ wide column at the score line to make a tab, tapering the corners.
- Use Fast Fuse to adhere box together at the side. Secure the bottom with fast Fuse.
- Fold in side of the top and bring the front and back together creating a gentle bent in ‘roofline’.
- Close with a 1/8″ hole punched in the center top and threaded with a ribbon. Tie the ribbon in a bow in the front.
- Decorate the front as desired. I used the Eastern Medallion Thinlits to create the flowers. For the large flower I die cut a Powder Pink medallion with partial cuts over a solid of Berry Burst. the Berry Burst shows through the openings and at the edges since I offset the two medallions. The smaller flowers are made from the small star die.
- For my sentiment I stamped the outline from the Pretty Label Stamp set. Placed the sentiment inside and punched it out with the Pretty Label punch.